Your COBRA 18R2 controller is for the most part, maintenance-free, but there are a few things that can be done before putting away your firing controller for the season.
Here are a few maintenance recommendations for your COBRA 18R2 controller.
● Remove batteries, inspect contacts to ensure no corrosion or visual damage.
● Check all buttons to confirm none are sticking and that they bounce back after release.
● Check all LED indicators and 7-segment displays.
Note: If an LED or 7-segment display bar is not functioning, the 18R2 will still run normally.
● Check the antenna connector and confirm there is no corrosion or damage. Ensure the antenna screws on smoothly, and the antenna connector does not rotate freely.
● Confirm the USB connector and other connectors such as SMTPE or Deadman are not damaged, corroded, or have any physical issues.
● Confirm the battery door snaps on and off correctly.
● Store in a dry, room temperature environment.
● Confirm signal strength, at ~30m, raised ~1m, you should see between -35 and -45dB on average.
If you discover any issues during the maintenance inspection, please reach out to COBRA support at email@example.com or via the phone at 518-741-4300.