This installation guide will take you through the process of installing the COBRA DMX upgrade in the COBRA 36M and 72M firing modules.
1) Remove any attached Pro-Adapt-Plate from the module.
2) Remove the two guideposts on the front of the module.
3) Remove the nut from the USB port on the front of the module
4) Disconnect the LiPo battery.
5) Unscrew the four screws on the back of the enclosure.
6) Disconnect the 9V battery harness.
7) Unscrew the six PCB screws. The PCB should now be loose from the enclosure. If any Pro-Adapt plate is still connected to the front of the unit, the PCB cannot be removed until the Pro-Adapt Plate has been detached.
8) Disconnect key switch, external power, and charging port.
9) Unplug the USB port from the PCB.
10) Remove the USB port from the module.
11) Install the DMX RJ45 port where the USB port used to be.
12) Feed the wires on the back of the DMX RJ45 port through the PCB opening.
13) Connect the four-wire connector onto CN22 labeled as USB (where the USB used to be plugged in)
14) Connect the three-wire connector onto CN21 labeled as 2-Wire.
15) Reinstall the six PCB screws.
16) Connect key switch, external power, and charging port.
17) Connect 9V battery harness.
18) Reinstall the back enclosure and four enclosure screws.
19) Reconnect the LiPo battery.
20) Reinstall the two guideposts on the front of the module.
21) Reconnect Pro-Adapt Plate.