Please find below the 18R2 SMPTE Kit installation instructions:
1. Remove the four screws from the back of your 18R2.
2. Unplug the key switch, battery leads, and USB port from the back of your 18R2 and remove the USB port from the back half of the old 18R2 enclosure.
Tip: By tilting the white USB connector to lay vertically with the USB port wires, allows for easy removal and passthrough of the USB port on the 18R2 enclosure.
3. Remove the green adapter board that your key switch was previously plugged into (if applicable). To remove the board pull the board upwards away from the 18R2.
4. Install the SMPTE adapter in the same location/orientation where the green adapter board was installed. If you did not have the green board, please see the photo below for guidance.
5. Plug the key switch into the connector on the SMPTE adapter labeled as "switch".
6. On the new enclosure, install the RCA connector into the connector on the SMPTE adapter labeled as "SMPTE".
7. Plug the AA battery leads and USB port back into the 18R2. See picture on step four for reference.
8. Reinstall the four screws on the back of the 18R2.