We wanted to inform you of a critical patch release to the 5.1 firmware for the 18R2 only. This patch release addresses a rare situation (only reported once), whereby the 18R2 may pause while receiving a SMPTE feed and have no recovery other than re-starting the 18R2 device. It's critical to update your 18R2 if you are planning any SMPTE shows using the 18R2. Please note this patch only applies to firmware version 5.1 and does not apply to 6.0 or any other release.
To update your 18R2 remote, follow these simple steps:
1. Download the cobra.S19 file
2. Move the cobra.S19 file to your USB Drive and ensure that it is named “cobra.s19”
3. Insert the USB Drive into the 18R2 while the unit is OFF.
4. Hold SYNC and power on the unit.
5. The LEDs on the 18R2 will spin around for a few seconds. After the LEDs stop, power the unit off and back on again to confirm that 5.1.4 has been successfully loaded onto the unit.
In addition to the above fix, we have also performed some helpful stability improvements, explained below.
- Improved communication between the 18R2 and Control Panel, ensuring that all modules are displayed correctly as in some cases, a module may not appear properly.
- Improvements to the ER3 stuck button error codes to allow full operation of the unit while only displaying which button was stuck, and disabling that button. This prevents the case where the operator can't use the 18R2 if this error is encountered. Please refer to the chart below for the specific code associated with each button. ER3 will display on the upper screen, and the error code on the lower screen.
|18R2 Button||Error Code|
|Cue Buttons 1 -18||1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18|
Thank you for your understanding and for our commitment to the highest level of stability and reliability of our products. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to help.