COBRA Firmware Version 5.1.4 Stable Release Candidate
5.1.4 added support for the Gen 2 Audio Box upgrade kit and the Gen 2 Audio Box complete unit. The purpose of this update is for customers installing the Audio Box Gen 2 Upgrade who need to upgrade their firmware to support the new features such as the LCD display.
If you already own an Audio Box Gen 2 unit, no upgrade is required as this is the initial version. If you are not running the Audio Box Gen 2 upgrade, 5.1.4 is not a required update.
5.1.4 is a patch release to 5.1.1/5.1.2/5.1.3 firmware. While it's possible there is another minor patch to the 5.1 firmware series, if no further patches occur, this version will become our final stable release. For more information, please see What is our Firmware Release Process?
To upgrade to 5.1.4, only the Audio Box s19 file requires an update. Please reference the instructions below.
How to upgrade your Audio Box to 5.1.4?
1) Download the S19 files attached to this article.
2) Move the S19 files to your USB Drive.
3) Insert the USB Drive into the 18R2 or Audio Box while the unit is OFF.
4) Hold SYNC and power on the unit.
5) The LEDs on the 18R2 will spin around for a few seconds, or the Audio Box SYNC LED will blink rapidly.
6) After the LEDs stop, power the unit off and back on again to confirm 5.1.4 has been successfully loaded onto the unit.