Selecting an igniter type is generally a matter of opinion based on the intention of the end-user. Talon/Clip-on Igniter Clips are explicitly designed for lighting Visco fuses. MJG Igniters are designed for instantaneous ignition of a lift charge, or with professional products that include an e-match port. If you plan to light consumer cakes in your backyard where timing is not critical, Talons/Clip-on Igniters would be the most convenient option. However, if you are planning to script a pyromusical with precisely timed effects, MJG Initiators would be better suited for the job.
Articles in this section
- How does a Talon/Clip-on Igniter Clip work?
- Are Talons/Clip-on Igniters one-time use or can they be reused?
- How many Talons/Clip-On Igniters can I fire at the same time on a single cue?
- I am experiencing failures when firing Talon/Clip-On Igniter clips, please help.
- What is the difference between e-match and Talon/Clip-on Igniter mode?
- Can you fire Talons/Clip-on Igniters on series slats?
- What is the best practice for installing a Talon/Clip-on Igniter on a fuse?
- Will the length of a Talon/Clip-On Igniter (1 meter to 6 meters) affect how many I can fire on a single cue?
- What is the expected resistance of a Talon/Clip-on Igniter?
- What level of voltage and current is required to fire a Talon/Clip-on Igniter?
Our Support Team Hours:
9:00am - 5:00pm EDT Monday to Friday. We can be reached by phone at 518-741-4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Shoot Site Support
COBRA offers a 24-hour support system for on-site emergencies. If you are on a shoot site and encounter a show-stopping issue, please reach out to us via phone at 929-930-6868.