The 18M uses bump protection on the channel buttons to prevent an accidental channel change while on a shoot site. This bump protection may appear to cause a minor delay in changing the channel; however, pressing the button for approximately one second will allow the button to respond accordingly.
Articles in this section
- How do I Replace Cue Strips on the 18M?
- How can I fire multiple modules at the same time?
- I think my 18M may have bad signal, how can I test to see if it has normal signal operation?
- What is the voltage mode and how do I change it?
- What is the battery life of the 18M?
- My LiPo battery won't charge, why is this?
- Can I upgrade my module to support the internal LiPo battery?
- I am getting an error code when starting the 18M, how do I solve this?
- How many e-match/MJG initiators/Talons/Clip-on Igniters can I fire in series or in parallel?
- How many Talons/Clip-on Igniters can I fire on the 18M at the same time?
Our Support Team Hours:
9:00am - 5:00pm EDT Monday to Friday. We can be reached by phone at 518-741-4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Shoot Site Support
COBRA offers a 24-hour support system for on-site emergencies. If you are on a shoot site and encounter a show-stopping issue, please reach out to us via phone at 929-930-6868.